Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3

C4T #3- Post #1

This week I am assigned to Beth Knittle's blog, Beth's Thoughts on Technology in the Classroom. In her blog post, Beth discussed the topic of schools developing their curriculum. Here is my post:

Beth,
     My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I too am from the University of South Alabama, and a part of the EDM 310 class. I am ever amazed at the way technology is shaping our lives. As a future educator, I have to ask myself, am I prepared for the future of education? Thoughts like yours encourage me that the future classroom will be a place of engagement and exciting learning! I am eager to see what the future holds! Thank you for your post!

I enjoyed reading Beth's blog posts, she is a refreshing writer!



Post #2-

This week I am assigned to Beth's blog again, and since she did not have a recent post, I commented on one of Dr. Strange's posts. His post was "Lecture Part 1".  This was my post:


Dr. Strange, I have finally got around to reading this post! Thank you for letting me participate in place of a C4T assignment! I have talked with my friend, Keeley Bryan (who has posted above) and we see eye to eye on the debate of lecture. "Lecture, research, and discussion...". When I think about my career as a future educator I can't help but to be aware of the different learning styles that every student will possess. Personally, I love a lecture class. I know that it may sound crazy, but I love to write notes while hearing someone speak about a subject. However, I note that my future students will most likely not share my views. (haha) 

What I am getting to is that I want my classroom to be a classroom of engagement, whether my students are listening to me talk passionately about a subject, or working in collaborative groups, I will find a way to encourage them and keep their attention. I believe...no, I know that EDM 310 is preparing me in ways that I could have never imagined. The things that I am learning are those engagement tools. Thank you for everything you do, Dr. Strange!

No comments:

Post a Comment