Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blog Post #11

First Graders in Mrs. Cassidy’s Class


     The video of Mrs. Cassidy’s class was so cute! Seeing the kids interacting and sharing their experiences in the class with technology was so much fun to watch. I am glad to be a part of our C4K assignments!


Skype Interview with Kathy Cassidy


     After watching the 2010 Skype interview with Mrs. Cassidy, I see that this woman has been using technology in her classroom for many years. She started out with just a few computers in her classroom- but they were not able to have programs on them. With this, Mrs. Cassidy learned how to make web pages, and to blog. She Incorporated these things into her classroom- and it has been a success! The questions that arose in this Skype interview were very helpful to my knowledge in being a technologically sound educator. Mrs. Cassidy sees the importance of technology in the classroom. She believes that every teacher must be technologically sound. Teachers need to keep up with what is happening. She encourages all students to develop their own social networks. I plan to incorporate social media and blogs in my classroom. One thing that caught my attention in this interview was when Mrs. Cassidy said that the blogs and social media were very helpful for teachers. I plan to involve parents in what is going on on my classroom, and for communication purposes. Mrs. Cassidy was a great example of an educator that sees the importance of technology in the classroom.

“Skype

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay,

    I really enjoyed your blog post! Social networks and blogs could be very useful in the classroom and I will be using it in my classroom also. Your post was great!

    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,

    Good post. It sounds like you will be incorporating technology in your future classroom to the best of your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay


    I enjoyed reading your blog post, you have some excellent points about Ms Cassidy's video. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete