Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Post #2 C4T

C4T #1

I am assigned to Will Deyamport's blog, Peopology. It is a blog that posts about various topics such as education, technology, leadership, and many other topics. The post that I read on his blog was an interview with a makeup artist and editor, Melissa Rich. Throughout the interview, Melissa expressed her love for beauty, and the passion that she has to make people feel beautiful. I expressed to Mr. Deyamport my passion for education, and how as a Health teacher I can too encourage my students in health, fitness, well-being, and overall self-esteem. I enjoyed reading his blog, and I am excited to get interacting!

-Lindsay Curtis




Mr. Deyamport,


The post above probably doesn't make any since considering my comment that was supposed to go before it did not post! Let's try this again... :)

Hi! My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I am a Health Education major at the University of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I am taking a class called EDM 310. This class allows us to learn many different types of technology to use in the classroom. Our class blog is found at http://edm310.blogspot.com/ and my blog can be found at http://curtislindsayedm310.blogspot.com/. I am assigned to your blog for this semester, and I am excited to start interacting online. I have never used a blog before, (hints the above comment) so this is all new to me!
I read your interview with Melissa Rich, and it was wonderful! Being a woman, I can relate to Melissa's love for the beauty industry, it is in our blood! Being a future health educator, I plan to promote well-being, health, and fitness. I am aware that some students won't have very high self-esteem, and I want to make the classroom a warming place for that student to get plugged in, Just as Melissa uses her love for beauty as a door to influence others, I will strive to influence my students in a positive way! Melissa is a beautiful woman, inside and out! Thank you for your interview, and for your time!
I think that I will enjoy my blogging experience with you! It is pretty amazing how much technology has shaped our lives. What would you say is your favorite technological advancement?

Thank you for your time and posts!
-Lindsay Curtis



C4T -Post #2




     This week the post that I commented on on Mr. Deyamport’s blog was called “So You Want to be a Doctor When you Grow up: Tips for Educators Considering Doctoral Work. Mr. Deyamport commented on my last post, and he responded very nicely. In my last post from last week, I asked him what technological advancement was his favorite, and he said that the Internet was by far the best because it has revolutionized the world. I commented back agreeing that the Internet has revolutionized the world, so much it is scary! 
     For this week’s post, I told Mr. Deyamport that I know many people that are pursuing doctorates and furthering their education. His post contained information to look for when choosing a doctorate program, and ways to make the schooling process a little smoother. Dissertations are a topic that he talked about in his post, and he stated that in order to make the dissertation go a little smoother, the student needs to pick a subject that they are passionate about. I commented by agreeing with him. I enjoyed reading Mr. Deyamport’s post, and I plan to keep up with his blog!






Mr. Deyamport,

I hope that you are having a great week! I enjoyed reading this post. I have many friends and family that are pursuing doctorates, and furthering their education. I have heard that the dissertation process really is the most challenging. Pursuing a subject that you are passionate about makes sense, and really would make the process smoother. I am thinking about pursuing a Masters, and who knows...maybe a doctorate! Thank you again for your post! I will be in touch!

-Lindsay Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment