Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blog Post #1

About me

     Hi! My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I am a Junior here at the University. My major is Health Education, but I am also applying to Occupational Therapy School this semester. If therapy school doesn't work out, I plan to be a teacher and hopefully coach cheerleading or dance. I am a newlywed! I was married to Chip Curtis this past November, and being married rocks! Chip teaches at Alma Bryant High School, and is a football coach. Maybe one day we will be a household of educators! In my spare time, I love to read, dance, and draw. I am usually very busy, so I enjoy having some free time every once in a while to relax with a good book. I am excited about this semester's education classes that I am enrolled in! I love learning about how I can be the best educator I can be.
     I am saved by the blood of Jesus Christ! I am blessed to have the opportunity to further my education, and I want to be purposeful with my time here at USA. Wherever the Lord leads me, I will glorify him in all I do!
 


Thoughts on Randy Pausch's Video

     It has always occurred to me that Americans really do not value their time. I am guilty of it myself. By watching Randy Pausch's video, I see that it is important to not only plan, but to consider the motives behind what I am doing. I need to ask myself why I am planning this activity or task. I also need to consider what will happen if I don't plan or push myself to a achieve a goal or task. By setting goals, and trying to achieve them in the right way, I can't go wrong. Experience comes with time, and experience can't be faked. This is so true. As a student, I must keep in mind that my time should be treasured. I should plan my goals in multiple steps, and "eat the big frogs first". As far as knowing anything else about Dr. Pausch, I can see that he will inspire many people to come with his refreshing viewpoints.


                   

1 comment:

  1. What do you know about Randy Pausch now? Did you try to find out anything about him? You will encounter him again later in the semester. Look up people who write your assignments. It often makes the assignments more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete